ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.9.4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:45:47 +0100 (MET)

Curl and libcurl 7.9.4 is out! This is mainly a bugfix release.

Get curl 7.9.4 from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html. As usual, allow some
time before the popular binary archives are up-to-date with this.

This release includes the following changes:

 o Improved the gethostbyname_r configure check for HP-UX 11.00
 o Bugfixed the DNS cache
 o Bugfixed SSL download (due to the non-blocking sockets)
 o Only seed SSL once for a program's life-time improves performance
 o Introduced CURLINFO_CONTENT_TYPE
 o IPv4-only Linux machines could crash on name resolves
 o curl_getdate() is now fully reentrant
 o CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST can now be used with CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS
 o The header length counter is now reset in each curl_easy_perform()
 o Normal HTTP POSTs no longer append an extra set of CRLF
 o Location: following on persistant connections work
 o No longer installs the multi examples on make install.

Other curl-related news since the previous public release:

 o Andrés García announced version 0.9.3 of the Tcl binding:
        http://personal1.iddeo.es/andresgarci/tclcurl/english/index.html

 o http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/cplusplus/ contains the initial attempt at
   a C++ interface. We need your help here.

I firmly believe that this is the best version of curl released so far.

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

 Kevin Roth, Frank, Pedro Neves, Krishnendu Majumdar, Steve Marx, Andreas
 Damm, Kjetil Jacobsen, Giaslas Georgios, T. Bharath, Georg Horn, Albert Chin,
 Eric Melville

        Thanks! (and sorry if I forgot to mention someone)