Re: runtests.pl change

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:53:28 +0100

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 04:25:29PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> One very tempting alternative is to simply write it in C. It would of course
> require you to compile it before it is used, but it would also make it
> perfectly portable to non-fork() systems such as win32 (which the current
> perl-version isn't).
>
> The test server is very simple and shall remain so.
>
> Any taker?

I have a small webserver written in C. We used it in a projekt at the
university here in Koblenz just to generate load on the network: You call it
with urls like http://blah.fasel.dom/file10k and it spits out 10k bytes of
random data. I think it can easily be adapted to curls needs. Of course it
runs under linux and maybe must be ported to other OSs, but it's at least a
thing to start with. Download if from
http://koblenz-net.de/~horn/export/sws.tgz

Bye,
Georg