Re: Strange proxy hang

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:57:22 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Björn Stenberg wrote:

> > Is this behavior repeatable every time?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If so, can you rebuild and make some debugging on this?
>
> Sure. What do I do?

$ make distclean
$ ./configure --disable-shared --enable-debug
$ make
$ gdb src/curl
$ b transfer.c:315

[that is the source line right after Curl_read()]

$ run [options]

It wouldn't suprise me if you got the whole contents you see in one single
chunk, and then that source line has read it all. You then need to
single-step forward to see the library take care of first the headers, one by
one, and then the body.

Somewhere around transfer.c:770, it is supposed to detect that it has already
received the entire file and then it should set variables and the fd_set to
not read anymore. I bet that this somehow doesn't do right (although the
entire file has been received) and that it then loops and go back into the
select() loop and then doesn't get any more data and "hangs"...

I really can't be more specific now.