Re: socklen_t compile error

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:02:51 -0800

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:03:31PM -0500, Kevin DeGraaf wrote:

> Hmm... it seems that I had not installed Slackware's "linuxinc.tgz"
> package. I hesitated to do so, since it appears to be tied to 2.2.19 and
> I'm running 2.4.14 (I upgrade my kernel regularly). However, I installed

Use symlinks to use the latest kernel headers; assuming you build the kernel in /usr/src/linux/ (also assuming 'linux' is a symlink to your actual kernel-version subdir), then:

  cd /usr/include
  ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux .
  ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm .

Then everytime you build a new kernel and alter the /usr/src/linux symlink to point to it, the include files will just naturally follow suit.

-te

--
Troy Engel
GPG KeyID: DF3D5207