Re: socklen_t compile error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 08:05:09 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Kevin DeGraaf wrote:

> I'm using Slackware 8.0, linux kernel 2.4.14, glibc 2.2.3. Trying to
> compile curl 7.9.1 leads to this error:
>
> checking for socklen_t... no
> checking for socklen_t equivalent... configure: error: Cannot find a type
> to use in place of socklen_t

This is really odd. Linux is probably the one platform that curl gets
compiled on the most number of times...

My linux 2.4.16, glibc 2.1.X shows this:
% grep -c socklen_t /usr/include/sys/socket.h
10

To start with, dig up your config.log file that configure has created. If you
check the end of it, there should be a few tests regarding the socklen_t.
Paste them in a mail and post it all here.