RE: Solaris 8 Intel Installaion

From: Marcus Webster <marcus.webster_at_phocis.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:53:32 -0000

I managed to get past this bug by installing GNU binutils (2.11.2) and then reconfiguring curl specifying "--with-gnu-ld" as well as "--with-ssl".

The GNU linker produced the libcurl.so.2.0.2, and the build went on to ultimately succeed. Unfortunately, the executable failed to run because my copy of libgcc was not on the linker path, something that I normally resolve by adding a "-R/usr/local/lib" to the command to link the exe, but I couldn't figure out where in the Makefile I should specify this. In the end I bodged it and copied libgcc to "/usr/lib" and everything started working, I can now curl to https sites.

So in summary...
GNU binutils will sort the problem, as long as you "--with-gnu-ld".
I need advice on adding runtime linking info the Makefile.