RE: Curl hangs?... Was: what i'm doing wrong?

From: STEVE STEFANOVICH <STEVE.STEFANOVICH_at_sydneywater.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:44:52 +1000

That's right, you'll get the free articles (the links you get the in www.vreme.com table of contents without logging in). But if you compare that toc with the one that I attached, you'll find out that you have the links enabled only on certain articles, in the attached one you get links for everything.

So if you try, for example,

www.vreme.com./cms/view.php?id=301592

in the browser it'll just redirect you to provider's page. Using curl with cookies after logging in in the first step I'll get the stupid "article deleted or script error" output.

I'll try without proxy when I get back home this weekend, but I don't think that's the cause. I mean, it works with the browser... Thanks for trying anyway.

Cheers,
Steve

>>> KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com 11/21/01 11:01am >>>
I tried just for kicks. I found I could retrieve an individual page
(view.php?id=nnnnnn&print=yes) without having to send ANY cookies. Of
course, this is with a direct internet connection (no proxies to get in
the way). Of course, if some pages are password protected, obviously
they probably need to use cookies and/or something.

Could you try:
 1) leaving cookies off entirely
 2) if possible, try this on a direct internet connection
    to narrow down whether it's a proxy related issue.
 3) if #2 points to the proxy, could you work with your
    proxy administrator to see if they can help pinpoint
    what's not working?

--Kevin