Curl hangs?... Was: what i'm doing wrong?

From: STEVE STEFANOVICH <STEVE.STEFANOVICH_at_sydneywater.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:39:20 +1000

Just for the record, I've managed to get to the table of contents by using -b *and* -c together.

So I happily awk it.. but then when I try to get individual links then it stops on the second file with curl.exe using 99% CPU time. The odd thing is when I go the link explicitly I get the page saying there was an error - but curl just hangs.

The script on the other side dies checking for something not being returned... but I couldn't find any Javascript or hidden form fields which need to be passed back.

Can some kind soul check the output and see is there something that I can do?...

Cheers,
Steve

>>> nntp_at_iname.com 11/12/01 12:10pm >>>
At 10:28 12-11-2001 +1000, STEVE STEFANOVICH wrote:
>The output that happens in Internet Explorer is that I get the table of
contents with the links enabled. I've tried to impersonate the browser with
curl (-a or whatever) and I get the same result (nothing).

It takes more than the agent signature to impersonate a browser. I have
come across a few webpages which use Javascript to prevent people from
using other agents to download a webpage.

>I guess the php script on the other side creates the page dynamically
based on what's sent back - username/password obviously, but it looks it's
something else besides - browser? cookies? What else can I try to mimic IE
passing that info back?

I suggest making a dump of the session using a sniffer. That should show
you what you need to do to mimic IE.

Regards,
-sm

This message has been scanned by MailSweeper.

This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
and may contain information which is confidential or
privileged. Unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately via e-mail and then delete the
original e-mail.