RE: LDAP and cygwin (plus another tiny patch)

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:20:21 -0500

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any OpenLDAP binaries for
cygwin yet, so I had to make my own. Turns out that due to at least one
bug in their configure script it only generates .a and .la files (aka
static libraries). Since there isn't a .so (which I doubt would work
anyways) or a .dll, there's nothing for you to dlopen()...

At this point, since I couldn't easily figure out how to create the
needed dynamic LDAP libraries, I'm not going to bother searching
further. From one ml note I read, it appears possible (not sure how
likely) that we'll have to add some native win32 LoadLibrary calls to
make this work (once the DLL version of OpenLDAP is available).
Alternatively, calls to the LDAP libraries from Microsoft may have to be
added.

If I ever find the need (instead of just the curiosity) to make curl
LDAP calls, I may revisit this. But for now, I'll probably just stick to
Microsoft's ADSI interfaces for LDAP queries.

Thanks again,
--Kevin