Re: Authentication problem with HTTPS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:29:35 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 raymond.sclison_at_free.fr wrote:

> I try to connect to an HTTPS URL and POST some data.
> With IE and Netscape it works fine.
> I use :
> curl 7.9.1 (win32) libcurl 7.9.1 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b)
> and the command is :
> curl -v -x XXX.XX.XXX.XXX:8080 -d"xml=@test.xml" -u "post:post" -i
> https://server/i1/s2/Inbound
> The URL is a CGI which take a POST stream and return a XML result
>
> It seems that I have an authentication problem. The result is here

[snip]

> HTTP/1.1 401 Invalid credentials
> WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="b2b"
> Connection: Close
>
> * Closing connection #0

It is certainly what it looks like, yes.

AFAIK the curl authentication code works fine so I think there's something
else that makes this happen. Can you run a network sniffer to see what the
browsers' requests look like and see in what way they differ? Uh, that would
preferably be on a plain http page then... :-O