Re: curl path on BSD Server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:09:53 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, sean wrote:

 Please direct future mails in this subject to the mailing list. It allows
others to join in and help, to share their ideas, contribute their suggestions
and spread their wisdom. Keeping discussions on public mailing lists also
allows for others to learn from this (both current and future users thanks to
the web based archives of the mailing list), thus saving me from having to
repeat myself even more. Thanks for respecting this.

> Is there a way to install it in one of my directories without root
> access.

Yes, there is. It is detailed in the INSTALL document. Basically, all you
need to do is:

 ./configure --prefix=$HOME
 make
 make install

> Why is alot of php programs being written with curl but alot of the
> hardware solutions out there don't know what it is.

I don't know. Why do bad things happen? What is right and what is wrong? ;-)