Re: [ curl-Bugs-478203 ] Client program freezed during download

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 23:37:03 +0400

At 19:05 04-11-2001 -0800, noreply_at_sourceforge.net wrote:
>Bugs item #478203, was opened at 2001-11-04 19:05
>I am using libcurl in my program and I found that when
>I am trying to download a big file such as 1MB or so,
>the program freezed until it finish the work.
>I have checked the system CPU information and found
>there are only 5% or so have been used.
>It seemed that the client program will not get CPU
>time to do event process during libcurl do works.

I have use libcurl 7.91 under Windows 98 and I have not seen any freeze.
FWIW, I have used the previous versions of library and it worked fine in my
program.

I am not sure that I understand what you said. You mentioned that the work
was finished, i.e the 1 MB file was downloaded. The client program will
not get CPU time to do event processing if you are calling libcurl
functions within an event handler. I suggest that you run the libcurl
functions within a thread so that your program can process events while the
download is in progress.

Regards,
-sm