Re: Curl and SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:21:33 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Henry Pena wrote:

 Please direct future mails in this subject to the mailing list. It allows
others to join in and help, to share their ideas, contribute their suggestions
and spread their wisdom. Keeping discussions on public mailing lists also
allows for others to learn from this (both current and future users thanks to
the web based archives of the mailing list), thus saving me from having to
repeat myself even more. Thanks for respecting this.

> First thing, I want to tell you that I think curl is the best thing out
> there since....... lynx. Both have a place in command-line
> browsing/automation.

Thanks.

> Now for my question. I am using "curl 7.8.1 (win32) libcurl 7.8.1
> (OpenSSL 0.9.6b)" The server that I'm trying to communicate with gives me
> back this response:

> $ curl -v -A "MSIE40" https://www.netspend.com/public/login.jps
> * Your connection is using a weak random seed!

This is not a joke. You should provide good random data to curl.

[request with no response cut off]

> Do you know what the problem is, and do you have a suggestion on a fix?

Try upgrading to curl 7.9. It has slightly improved error checking in the SSL
comparment and might return a better error description.

It might very well be that the remote server doesn't accept your connection
without you providing a valid certificate or simimlar.