Re: non-blocking sockets portability test

From: Janne Johansson <jj_at_dynarc.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:04:41 +0200

It wouldn't auto-build under openbsd-m68k at least. 8-(

bash-2.05# ./configure
checking build system type... m68k-unknown-openbsd3.0
checking host system type... m68k-unknown-openbsd3.0
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking non-blocking sockets style... O_NONBLOCK
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
bash-2.05# make test
./connect www.haxx.se
./connect: not found
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/jjtmp/nonblockconnect (line 11 of Makefile).
bash-2.05# ls
Makefile config.h config.status configure.in nonblock.m4
acconfig.h config.h.in config.sub connect.c
config.guess config.log configure install-sh
bash-2.05# make connect
cc -O2 -o connect connect.c
connect.c:7: stropts.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

After removing the include for stropts.h, it built, but says this:
bash-2.05# make test
./connect www.haxx.se
Non-blocking socket set
connect() returned -1
select() returned 1
returned 0
*** Error code 11

--
-"Some mornings it's just not worth gnawing through the straps."