Administrativa: virus wave again

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:02:41 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi friends

My email address seems to have appeared in the From: line of forged mails
sent out to people. Those mails may include an attachment containing the
'Nimda' virus (the name is Admin backwards) you'll be hearing so much about
in the coming days, and you may already have read about it.

I did not send any such mails, nor do I read email on any windows machine so
that my email could appear in any legitimately infected machine. Those mails
were sent by a malicious person or software impersonating me. Other mails are
thus likely to follow that uses other persons addresses in the From: lines.

You *NEVER* run just click on the attachments people mail you anyway, right?

Many details on the Nimda virus could be explored here:

        http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/215177

I'm sorry for this. No, I can't explain how my address ended up there. :-(