Re: curl::easy 1.1.6 tarball

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff_at_awayweb.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:46:04 +1000

I thought we already had this debate in April...

Georg stated his code was 'Public Domain' (legally, free of any licence) and so I
said my contributions were made to Daniel under the same terms as the rest of
curl (MIT-X/MPL), making it easy for Curl::easy to be included in the main curl
distro.

I or Daniel can edit the documentation for Curl::easy in CVS to make this
clearer.

If Curl::easy is going to live 'standalone', it might also make sense to
explicitly licence it under the usual perl Artistic/GPL dual licence as well, if
this is possible, otherwise it's just MIT-X/MPL.

Perhaps Domenico can tell me if these 4 are compatible :-)

Cris.

-------
Here's my original conclusion from April:

Thanks Georg,
        that clears it up nicely. Now your code is clearly 'public domain',
I'll contribute my changes back to Daniel and he is free to incorporate
the whole package under the curl main licence (MIT-X/MPL), keeping
things nice and simple...

Cris

Well, of course vi is the best editor...