Re: SSL Certificate Info

From: Paul Harrington <paul_at_pizza.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:20:19 +0100

> For being such a widely deployed software package, OpenSSL is amazingly
> little documented. Browsing the include files shows functions such as
> X509_get_notAfter() which I _think_ might be the expiry date.

Yes I did start looking at the docs but gave up. I noticed the
openssl cmd line tool had an option to do this so I guess the library
supports it!

> I'll see if I can figure out how the make this info get ouput...

This would be great if you could. Not sure what format the date
should be returned in - unix timestamp would probably be easiest to
work out when your Certificate is going to expire.

Thanks

Paul