Re: SSL Session ID Caching

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:03:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Paul Harrington wrote:

> > All URLs specified on the same command line will use the same "handle" and
> > thus the SSL Session ID Caching should take place and work.
>
> Yes I don't know what url I want to call until after I've parsed the
> ouput.

Ah, then this won't help you much. Unless you can parse the output once and
then invoke one command line with several URLs at once. It would at least
make some use of the session cache.

> > If I were you, I would seriously consider using the perl/python/tcl/whatever
> > libcurl interface instead
>
> Yes I guess this is the way I am going to have to go. I was having
> trouble building the libperl stuff with the version of perl I had
> installed.

It might be worth spending some time to resolve these problems.

I think the perl interface is far too little used these days...