Re: SSL Session ID Caching

From: Paul Harrington <paul_at_pizza.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:55:28 +0100

> Yes. I was prepared that this might not cover all aspects of what people
> would want...

Glad not to disapoint you then.

> All URLs specified on the same command line will use the same "handle" and
> thus the SSL Session ID Caching should take place and work. A session ID is
> used in the SSL handshake, so using the cache is only in effect when a
> previous SSL connection to the same site was disconnected. Thus, as long as
> connections are persistant and re-used, there will be no re-using of session
> IDs.

Yes I don't know what url I want to call until after I've parsed the
ouput.

> If I were you, I would seriously consider using the perl/python/tcl/whatever
> libcurl interface instead, as that would give you a much simpler (at least
> quicker) way to get to the cached Session ID heaven.

Yes I guess this is the way I am going to have to go. I was having
trouble building the libperl stuff with the version of perl I had
installed.

> BTW, while I'm writing, the 7.9 pre-release 3 was uploaded earlier today.

Thats what I was playing with.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Paul