RE: Installation of CURL under HP-UX 11i

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:18:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Erick Nuwendam wrote:

*please* use the mailing list: curl_at_contactor.se

> configure:1536: checking for gcc
> configure:1551: found /opt/softbench/bin/gcc
> configure:1559: result: gcc

Well it finds a 'gcc' in the PATH

> configure:1787: checking for C compiler version
> configure:1790: gcc --version </dev/null >&5
> gcc: SB error: cannot find exe /usr/local/bin/gcc

But it looks like that gcc might be a link to a non-existing file or
something.

> It seems gcc is ot installed on my machine.

It seems so, or at least it doesn't work.

> Can I use aCC instead ?

Yes, you can. docs/INSTALL has the details:

     Remember, to force configure to use the standard cc compiler if both
     cc and gcc are present, run configure like

       CC=cc ./configure
         or
       env Cc=cc ./configure

... so you can set whatever compiler this way.