Re: libcurl fix for Mac OS X

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:37:34 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Dan Wood wrote:

[CC'ing this reply to the curl mailing list for general info]

> I have been using libcurl under Mac OS X without any problems. However, I
> discovered a tweak to the configure file that will allow prebinding (a
> darwin library pre-linking thing). Plus, I'm not running a seed of Mac
> OS X 10.1, and it looks like this will be required to get it to make
> under 10.1 due to namespace issues.

Thanks a lot for your report and findings.

While I certainly would like to see any problems with curl and curl's files
to be fixed and working for as many platforms as possible, this is problem we
don't want to fix this way. This seems to be a libtool issue (bug?). I would
appriciate it a lot if you would report this problem to the libtool guys.
bug-libtool_at_gnu.org is their email address.

The configure script is generated from configure.in with the autoconf tool.
Our configure.in file we use the AM_PROG_LIBTOOL macro and judgding from the
code in the configure script that uses this faulty sequence:

> Under darwin* | rhapsody*, you need to change
> allow_undefined_flag='-undefined suppress'
> allow_undefined_flag='-undefined error'

... it mentions libtool in several comments and thus, this should be fixed
there. If they consider it a bug.

I tried to search for this bug among the already reported libtool bugs, but
couldn't even find a search form! :-/

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/