Re: Problems downloading .asp files

From: Ron Schoenberg <rons_at_cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:10:36 -0700

My earlier post didn't tell the whole story. The way you suggest doing
it was they way I was doing it at first. One difference though, I was using
double quotes instead of single quotes as it is below. I tried single quotes
but curl didn't seem to like it.

Since I couldn't get it to work, I thought the -d parameter was the way to
go especially since it worked for PCQuote. But when I tried, as you suggest,

   curl -o test.pge "http://www.cboe.com/MktQuote/DelayedQuotes.asp?TICKER=OEX&PAGE=1&ALL=2&bRunQuery=true"

I get the following error message:

And thanks for all of your help. I do appreciate your giving attention to a curl "newbie".

Ron Schoenberg
rons_at_cablespeed.com