RE: multiple session cookie handling

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:27:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Dustin Boswell wrote:

> I'm a bit confused. How does a server send a "session-only" cookie?
> Aren't all cookies supposed to be the permanent kind?

Quoting from RFC2965, section 3.2.2:

 Discard
      OPTIONAL. The Discard attribute instructs the user agent to
      discard the cookie unconditionally when the user agent terminates.

(So, even though we don't support that standard, this is possible.)

> >As well as the option to just
> >enable cookie parsing (-b non-existant-file.txt?) so that a single curl
> >call with multiple URLs can maintain cookies in-memory without having to
> >be able to write a file to disk...
>
> hmm, I guess I never really thought about it before, is that (-b
> non-existant-file.txt) how we're supposed to do that now?

Yes.

(I'll get back to the subject of this new store-the-cookies with a more
detailed reply soon...)

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/