HTTP upload problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:20:02 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, HAMPY, CHAD (SBCSI) wrote:

> I was hoping you could refer me to someone or somewhere I could get some
> help.

The curl mailing list is the ideal place for all kinds of curl problems.
Please direct further questions there. Feel free to join the list!

> I am trying to upload a TXT file to my IIS Web server using cURL
>
> curl -F File1=@c:\temp\Drives.txt -F press=Submit myserver.com
>
> File1 - is my value name
> c:\temp\Drives.txt - is the temp file I am using
> press=Submit - I was guessing on this one?
> URL = myserver.com\example1.asp
>
> In your example you have the post going directly to the server not to a
> specific page. When I try to send to a specific form page it get 404.

Have you tried reading my little document called "TheArtOfHttpScripting" ?
You can find that online at http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.shtml. It
should give you a few more hints on how things work.

> It is probably just me but I have worked on this for a few hours and
> Still can not get it to work :/

If you could show us the whole <form> HTML, we could easily tell you what the
command line should look like. It is impossible to just guess.

> I have also tried httpcmd.exe Microsoft Resource kit utility.....

I have absolutely no idea how that works, or even what it does.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/