Re: --stderr option when uploading / double space

From: Mettgut Jamalla <mettgut_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:06:32 +0200

At 11:42 18.06.01 +0200, you wrote:
>On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Mettgut Jamalla wrote:
>
> > This time I want to redirect the ouput of the Standart progress meter
> > when uploading a file. This is a minor problem, so don't be rushed.
>
>I don't understand what the problem is. --stderr should work for redirecting
>the regular progress meter as well. Could you show us in more detail what
>doesn't work?

I'm making a http-Upload (POST):
curl -F "FILE1=@localfilename" -o "upload.result" --stderr "upload.status"
"http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/upload/UploadExt.dll"

No 'upload.status'-file is written.

> > Another problem is uploading a file with a double space in the path. cURL
> > doesn't find the file.
>
>Please show me a command line that makes this problem appear. I'd also
>appriciate if you mention what curl/OS versions you're using.

Ok, sorry for that:

It's cURL 7.8 (win32) OpenSSL 0.9.6/ Win98

curl -F "FILE1=@c:/examplepath/a file" -o "upload.result"
"http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/upload/UploadExt.dll"
works fine

curl -F "FILE1=@c:/examplepath/another file with a double space" -o
"upload.result" "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/upload/UploadExt.dll"
doesn't work
cURL POSTs something like that:

POST /upload/UploadExt.dll HTTP/1.1

Another character that makes trouble is: ,
filename="1,2,3 file" doesn't work
filename="1.2.3 file" works fine

Thank you all for your great work. Sorry if my previous posts are impolite
(may be this one as well), but english is not my mother language. I try
hard to improve that...