[ curl-Bugs-430447 ] libeay32.dll not found on windows

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:56:46 -0700

Bugs item #430447, was updated on 2001-06-05 12:56
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=430447&group_id=976

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
From my windows 98 machine I downloaded curl 7.7.3 w/
ssl. When I tried to run it, I got at "A required .DLL
file, LIBEAY32.DLL, was not found." I thought, there
doesn't seem to be any documentation about this, so
maybe I'm special. I'll compile it myself, I thought.
Got the latest CVS version. Couldn't use Cygwin 'cause
I didn't have autoconf. So I went with Borland. Libs
compliled fine, with one warning, but the src
directory was complaining about not finding
huge_help.obj. I couldn't find anything named
huge_help myself. Then I specifically checked out the
version 7.3.3 release, in case it was development
version crud. Same problem. Is there any hope?

Dave