Re: release alert

From: Pierre Z. <pierrez_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 18:55:24 +0200 (CEST)

Daniel,

thanks a lot for the notice - and everything else!

I'm very new to cURL and don't have enough time available to explore it
thoroughly, so I apologize in advance if this doesn't make sense or has
been debated and resolved already...

I'm having problems using cURL (Windoze98/cURL 7.7.3) to fetch data
from a secure site using https and cookies, which causes cURL to enter
an infinite loop while trying to access a specific page (relocation
from previous page accessed). I've read that a similar problem has been
identified recently and apparently solved, so I'm wondering if the fix
will make it to this next release.

More details follow below if needed.

Thanks a lot in advance -
  PierreZ.

<< MORE DETAILS >>

Here's the command lines I'm using (actual URL modified):

curl -A "Mozilla/4.75 [fr] (Win98; U)" -b empty.txt -L -D
Server_Headers1.txt -o Server_login.htm
https://secure.server.com:43/folder/website.shtml

curl -A "Mozilla/4.75 [fr] (Win98; U)" -v -L -b Server_Headers1.txt -D
Server_Headers2.txt -d "ID=abc123&PWD=12345&Login=Login" -o
MyAccount.htm https://secure.server.com/folder/website/Login

This seems to work fine in that it does pass the login (since I see it
getting to the next page: /MainMenu) but then it enters an endless loop
and is never able to actually fetch the contents of the MainMenu page.

What I see in the MSDOS window during execution (this gets repeated
several times) looks like:
Follows location to: new URL:
'https://secure.server.com/folder/website/MainMenu'
* DISABLES POST