Re: cURL installation fails on RedHat Linux 7.1

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 02:08:57 -0700

"Joe M." wrote:

> Unfortunately the dependency is still not met and I?m not sure where to go
> from here. Has anyone run across this and resolved it?

Joe - the problem (per se) is that the RPMS are built on a RH6.2 system,
where OpenSSL is still at 0.9.5 level, not 0.9.6 like 7.1. All you need
to do is grab the .src.rpm and do a "rpm --rebuild curl-7.7.3-1.src.rpm"
on your box, and an appropriate linked binary RPM will be found in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 when it's done.

I don't have a RH71 box at this time to make them generically
available...

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
Fear Og.  Og have root.  Not fear Og, Og teach you fear.