Re: IMPORTANT: Notice To Post For cURL Users

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:32:47 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 13 May 2001, Filipe Laborde-Basto wrote:

(CC'ed to the curl mailing list.)

> Could you please include this in the archive or at least post it
> prominently on your website for WIN32 cURL users:
>
> * Rename a *copy* of MSVCRT.DLL to MSVCR70.DLL (and put in system32
> directory)

> * MSVCR70.DLL only comes with the new .NET Microsoft package, but is not
> needed, we can use the old DLL but simply rename it and cURL will work

I think you left out the most important detail:

 Why?

AFAIK, win32 users can already use curl and libcurl.dll, what extra
functionality does this copy offer?

The mentioning you refer to on
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.curl.php#AEN9715 claims this is "the only
way" to make 'php_curl" work on NT4.0. Well, isn't there something wrong then
if this weird behavour is required? Can't we fix the problem instead of patch
a work-around?

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77