RE: telnet on winNT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:06:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Nielsen Linus wrote:

> 1) Win32 select() cannot mix files and sockets.

*doh* I study the code and I just can't understand how we can do this
platform independently.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if we can get some win32-system
call(s) to do the same functionality in a working manner?

In my sheltered world of unix "things that work", I know only of poll() and
select() to do multiplexed reads from multiple sources (fds) using a single
thread/process.

select() doesn't work and poll() is kind of out of the question. :-O

> 2) Win32 select() only works if the sockets are in synchronous mode.

Too bad the fact that the socket is synchronous doesn't save us...