Re: Re: telnet on winNT

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:07:52 +0200

> > -------------------
> > * Connected to sysux_FACE_COP (192.168.248.80)
> > SENT WILL BINARY
> > SENT DO BINARY
> > SENT WILL SUPPRESS GO AHEAD
> > SENT DO SUPPRESS GO AHEAD
> > -------------------
> >
> > and this is it all: then curl exits...
>
> Uh, I think I'll leave this question to the very special "telnet-department"
> of the curl brain trust.
>
> Linus, come forward. Bring us your wisdom and show us the right way to
> happiness and glory!

:-)

About you telnet problem, this is a curl bug. It only seems to break
on the win32 version of curl.

I just tried myself with the latest win32 version of curl:

C:\Temp>curl -v telnet://xxx.xxxx.xx
* Connected to xxx.xxx.xx (yyy.yyy.yyy.y)
* Closing live connection (#0)

C:\Temp>

Daniel! What is this? The UNIX version works OK.
And with the latest version I can't even see the negotiation.

Giuseppe, we will need to investigate this. Please be patient.

/Linus