Re: Are these bugs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 12:23:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Puneet Pawaia wrote:

> 1. I had to add the processing for http_chunks.c to the makefile.vc6
> otherwise it would not compile.

We have this serious lack of MSVC users who participate in developing and/or
try beta archives. Thus, I tend to always lag behind on the support for that
compiler/environment... :-/

> 2. When a connection has not been established as in the case of a dial-up
> connection, the library was giving access violations while attempting a
> ftp download. This was happening because in the function
> curl_ftp_disconnect, when the structure ftp was NULL, the members of the
> ftp structure were not assigned. To correct this I changed the code in
> ftp.c for curl_ftp_disconnect as follows

Correctly identified and fixed. I added the same check with an additional
comment.

> 3. Again when a connection was not established, the function curl_perform
> in transfer.c would give access violation. To correct this, the following
> changes were made at the begining of the function

I modified your suggestion slightly. I made Curl_connect() set the 'conn' to
NULL if it fails, and thus later on I check if 'res' is CURLE_OK before I
access 'conn'.

> I hope this information would help in making the library better.

It sure does.

> Please let me know if you approve of these changes.

I've even committed them to CVS already.

Thanks a lot!