Re: multiple connections support in CUrl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:18:37 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Paul Harrington wrote:

> Does the new curl multi session support allow reuse of SSL Session ID's?

Not necessarily. I mean, curl will keep the connection alive so there won't
be any extra reconnects just because you fetch a large set of files, and thus
it won't re-negotiate HTTPS either.

The reuse of SSL Session IDs is not planned to go into the 7.7 release,
unless someone else does it. I estimate it as a candidate for 7.8.

I'm now trying to put TODO items onto curl releases, making it easier to see
my plans and when to expect what in curl. See
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/todo.html

I've also created a 'dev' directory on the web site where I stash various
developer documents and various notes I make for the immediate works. The
file http://curl.haxx.se/dev/libcurl-todo-persistant.txt describes the
ongoing persistant connection work and is updated as soon as progress is
made.