RE: CURLOPT_URL and CURLOPT_USERPASSWD

From: Frank Reid <fcreid_at_ourcorner.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 12:53:27 -0500

On Thursday, March 01, 2001 02:46, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Can you give me a short source code example that shows this behaviour?
> I've never seen this and by reading the code I can't understand it
> either.

I'm trying to format my code into something intelligible for posting. It's
typical spaghetti code from me! Let me understand some things on curl_easy,
though...

        - Does curl_easy_perform() do both ftp-type and http/s-type transfers, like
curl itself? The http/s stuff seems to work fine, but ftp URLs are where I
see overruns on the URL buffer. All examples I've found are http-type URLs.

        - I understand certain parameters, e.g. SSL stuff, headers, etc., are
relevant only to http/s... are these ignored if set with curl_easy_setopt()
or would they cause erratic operation or overflows?

        - Where are the string lengths of the char * buffer limits defined for the
arguments to curl_easy_setopt()? I've see where they are defined as either
char *, long or (function *) in curl.h, but I don't see where the string
lengths are defined.

> What curl version is this?

I've tried both 7.6.1 release as well as current CVS, including what you
posted yesterday evening. BTW, I noticed you changed the prototype for
curl_slist_append() but didn't update that in curl.h.

As always, thanks!

Frank