POSTing '*' (with PHP)

From: Sergej Rinc <sergej_at_rinc.ws>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:07:55 +0100

  Hi,

  I need to post a form with one field as '*' (apostrophes included in the
field). This is my standard override for some registered database sites ...
:-).

  I use latest PHP and latest curl. After testing I see that in

culr_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $postString)

  my postString (urlencoded string of parameters and values properly
formatted as in GET URLs) includes this

...?name=%27%2A%27?...

  e.g. urlencoded '*' string but I get responses from the server that this
field is empty. Of course non-urlencoded string is not the answer (it cannot
be!). Where could be the problem? Does Snoopy work correctly or the same
<g>? Any PHP-er to the rescue?

Sergej Rinc, Certified Doc-To-Help Trainer
Master Certified XML Developer, Master Certified HTML Programmer, Master
Certified Dreamweaver 3.0 User, WAP Developer
Member, International Webmasters Association http://iwanet.org
mailto:sergej@rinc.ws, http://sergej.rinc.ws