Re: Curl: Timeout in Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:25:22 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Len Marinaccio wrote:

> It's been a while since I've asked this but I was wondering if that
> timeout problem with Windows versions of Curl was worked out. As you may
> remember, setting a timeout and expecting Curl to actually do so if it
> couldn't retreive a URL that was unreliable in the Windows
> implementation.
>
> Has a work-around been employed?

Unfortunately, there has been no change in that area.

More specificly, it is the name resolving and connection phases that can't be
timed out on windows. When the "transfer phase" is reached, the timeout will
work the same way on all platforms.

Not a single person has yet volounteered to help me fix this.