Re: Visual C++ 6.0 linking problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:53:01 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 chenfs_at_maxis.net.my wrote:

> I try to build the project "curl.exe" using the Visual C++ 6.0. Compile
> the source code successfully but when come to the library linking it give
> the error message as the following,
>
> curlapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _curl_easy_cleanup
> curlapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _curl_easy_perform
> curlapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _curl_easy_setopt
> curlapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _curl_easy_init
> Debug/curlapp.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.

Just make sure the lib/easy.c file is included in the project when you build
the lib.

Is there any way we can automatically build a project description for MSVC
that we can include in release archives? I think I've seen this in other
packages, or am I just halucinating?

> ** Is that means I need the libcurl.lib and libsurl.h to include in the
> library link path, if "YES" where can i get that 2 files ?

When you build curl, you MUST build libcurl first for the curl application to
work. The curl tool is an application that uses the libcurl library.

There's nothing called "libsurl.h" (or even "libcurl.h") that you need.