Re: planning for IPv6

From: Kjell Ericson <qraerkj_at_ki.ericsson.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:35:54 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> web page from your localhost could be written "curl http://[0::1]/".
> error: illegal pattern or range specification after pos 9
> Any suggestion on how I cleverly can detect this situation without changing
> the globbing system?

Well, a clever idea wouldn't come from me (lack of detailed curl knowledge 8-)

Isn't the solution to the problem that you should accept this as a valid
pattern? (Uhum, sounded too easy). What I mean is that if you recognize this
as an illegal pattern (and even the position) then it would be easy to do a
check whenever the error occurs and call a fallback routine to handle this
pattern.

...or are there any pitfalls I miss here?

  // Kjell