curl web: download from the best site

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:04:17 +0100 (MET)

Hi

I've just introduced a new feature on the curl web site. This new service
offers a list with download links to allow anyone to pick their favourite
archive off a working mirror site.

You most likely press a link on the download page and get to see a list with
links to all mirrors that feature the particular archive you want to
download. This greatly enhances the use of mirrors without forcing you to
specificly head over to the mirror's site and browse their file list and
sometimes discover that they don't mirror that particular package you want.

This mirrored-archive service checks the existance of the eleven most recent
and popular known curl archives on a daily basis. As an example, to see what
mirrors I can choose from if I wanna download the source tar.bz2 archive, I
can watch this page:

        http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=curl-7.5.1.tar.bz2

Please let me know if you run a mirror not mentioned on the curl site, or if
you wanna start running onw.