Re: HTTPS fails - RSAref?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:52:28 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, JB wrote:

> I've recently compiled curl with SSL support. OpenSSL is installed on
> this BSD box. curl seems to work find, except for HTTPS connections.
> Apparently I'm missing a required library to start an HTTPS connection.

Yes the message

  ** R_RandomInit: Unable to find an RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so).

indicates that. You probably need the RSAref library installed.

> What/where do I need to download to get these proper libraries.

Personally, I downloaded the openssl source archive, unpacked it, compiled it
and installed it. No fuss, no worries and no problems. RSA included.

> Say I download these, do I need to compile the code with OpenSSL and then
> recompile curl?

You need to recompile/rebuild OpenSSL and at least re-link curl unless it is
using shared openssl libraries, as then you don't have to do anything about
curl! ;-)

> Or is this just a matter of placing missing libraries in the proper
> place.

Perhaps, if you're using shared libraries. OpenSSL libs are usually staticly
linked and then it is probably a matter of openssl not being built with rsa
supproted.

> BTW- there is no directory /usr/ports. I also do not have access to the
> /usr dir, only the ~/usr dir.

That is platform specific stuff.

> How would I point curl to another directory besides the one its looking
> for?

For the ssl dir, use ./configure --with-ssl=/full/ssl/path/prefix/