perl http server on windows?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:15:23 +0100 (MET)

Hi

As some people may have noticed, I've finally done some work on the curl test
suite I've been planning for so long.

It is meant to become an automatic test script that when run should verify
that most (if not all) of curl's functions work as defined.

It'll be very useful when modifications are made and new ports are attempted.

It is currently based on a perl http server, a shell script and a set of
input files. Curl talks to the server, the server replies. Curl and the
server generates output, the shell script verifies that the server and curl
agree on every detail.

Adding new test cases are fairly easy.

Now, it struck me that if I rewrote the shell script in perl, it might be
possible to make the test suite run on windows as well as basically any unix
(that runs perl). It would be really cool as some differences exist between
*nix and win32.

This would require that I have that perl http (and soon ftp and other
protocols) server running on win32.

The current implementation runs using a fork(), but I guess it could be
modified not to. Any win32 person with perl skills that could help me with
this?