Host: port number

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:03:48 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Venkataramana Mokkapati wrote:

> The other bug that needs to be fixed is default Port number should NOT be
> set in 'Host: ' header - per Changes list, this one is already fixed

Yes, and I'd just like to point out that this is not a client bug. This is a
flaw in the server. The Host: header is defined in the HTTP 1.1 standard to
allow the port number to be specified.

Still, to work with flawed servers I've made a work-around in the current
in-house version (try a pre-release or get the CVSed sources).