Re: hanging URL

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:03:59 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Then again, the browsers seem to send a one-shot request which makes them
> survive this "terror". Curl is made very much with the intention of emulating
> a browser. Shouldn't curl then emulate the browsers to this extent as well?
> I'll have to think about this a bit further. If anyone has any additional
> views on this, or plain suggestions, feel free to post them!

Well, from here I don't see this issue popping up a lot on the list,
which leads me to believe it's a very rare situation. Is it worth the
effort of a complete redesign (which works everywhere else) to
accomodate one server?

From the user's point of view, sure! They're not doing the work, and
they want the server to work. :-) Under normal circumstances, wouldn't
we contact the server operator to figure out why *their* end is broken?

Just my $0.02, US.
-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
Perl is just another tool in the Unix toolbox. Perl does one thing,