Re: Problem with https request: "curl: (1) SSL is disabled, https: not supported!"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:42:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Francis Dagenais wrote:

> I'm trying to install curl with ssl support on my ScoUnix-5.0.5. It
> work just fine when I use it without ssl (ex: curl www.google.com). But
> when I'm trying to use it with ssl (ex: curl
> https://www.compagnie.com/electro_FR.php3), it tells me that:
>
> curl: (1) SSL is disabled, https: not supported!

This subject has been mentioned in the FAQ since several years back. There
are also quite some details in the INSTALL document regarding this.

> checking where to look for SSL... /usr/local/ssl
> checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... no

> As you can see, it seems to find the ssl directory (which is the usual
> default directory: /usr/local/ssl).

No, it doesn't find it. It finds where to look for it, the second line
clearly shows it didn't find it. The crypto lib is one of the required libs
OpenSSL is made of.

> Is somebody had the same problem?

Hundreds of people have had it. Most of them worked things out when they read
the FAQ and INSTALL docs.