RE: hanging URL

From: Priebe, Jason <priebe_at_wral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:25:06 -0400

So if your initial request packet isn't even getting an ACK,
it would seem that perhaps this is not happening on the server
itself, but maybe at a firewall?

At any rate, I have tried spoofing the User Agent info for
Netscape, and that doesn't seem to make a difference; I tried
manually using this request string:

GET / HTTP/1.0
Connection: Keep-Alive
Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8

and got no response. Then, just to be sure, I tried the same with
curl:

curl -H "User-Agent: Mozilla/4.72 [en] (Win98; I)" -H "Accept: image/gif,
image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png, */*" -H
http://www.cbs.com/

Still nothing. :-(

Jason Priebe
WRAL OnLine