Re: Through proxy to dialup internet

From: Fernando Cassia <fcassia_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:09:20 -0300

Anzej Lemut wrote:

> I get an "HTTP Error 407:407 Proxy Authentication Required" message in my
> destination file.
> This happens no mather which usermame I use, no mather if I use any
> username.

It means your proxy asks for a username/password.
Question is: if you set this proxy on Netscape and try to load that
url, does it work?

Also: make sure both your username and password do not contain any strange
characters which might cause problems with the windows command line interpreter,
like spaces or "&" signs.

As a last experiment, you might want to try enclosing the username/password in
quotes to see if it makes any difference.

Well, just my $0.02

Regards

Fernando
Buenos Aires, Argentina

BTW: Where is .si? sounds like a middle-east country...