Re: Couldn't resolv host on HP-UX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:39:07 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Fred Noz wrote:

> About the license: Feel free to include any tiny bits of code I
> contributed in any open source license. Question: How does Red Hat
> manage to include GNU software and Netscape on the same CD?

I'm sorry it took a while to answer this.

Bjorn Reese found the answer for us, and I quote his words:

'GPL says (paragraph 2, buttom) "mere aggregation of another work not based
on the Program with the Program [...] on a volume of a storage or
distribution medium does not bring the other work under the scope of this
License".'

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77