Re: give me your view on the curl license

From: <Joern.Hartroth_at_comma-soft.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:59:44 +0200

(Sorry for reposting this, I found that my native language reply scheme
doesn't work with the mailing list archive.)

Hi chieftain,

I'd like to second Janne's comment. If you continue to believe that the MPL
captures your intentions best - and from your sketch of the merits of MPL
vs. GPL and BSD's licensing scheme I can well believe that this is the case
- then stick to it.
Maybe the GPL compatibility issue can be resolved through appropriate
packaging of a complete libcurl distribution inside the other package?
Otherwise I'd say that libcurl can be found and downloaded easily enough
from the curl website, so that distributing it separately from other
projects is just a minor nuisance.

Jörn

P.S.: You have my blessing to put any of my minuscule contributions to curl
that may have survived until today under any of the mentioned public
licenses.