static compile for curl?

From: Claude Cormier <techsupport_at_devises-or.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:28:41 -0400

Hello Troy, Daniel

Although I succeed with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH options to execute curl from
the shell, I am getting into trouble when I execute curl from within a
PHP script. Even if I try to create the env variable with putenv, curl
is not working from the script.

So, I guess I have to try the static compile. And what is the easiest
way to create a standalone exec with all the embedded libraries..

I tried ./configure --enable-static=/whatever

and it still generate a small program with linkage at runtime.

Claude