problems on communicating with a banks server

From: Tim <tchemaly_at_ing.sun.ac.za>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 23:16:44 +0200

Hi
I'm writting an app that lets the user connect to a bank's server via the
internet and communicates with the server by automatically filling in all
the input field (thanks for the help Daniel !!) values and postings these
back to the server using HTTPS and curl.

What will be the best way of finding out whether the transaction was
successfully completed?
If the account details were incorrect the server will return a page that
says: "The account nr you have entered is not correct". However checking for
this sentence the whole time to see whether the account nr was correct is
not the best of ways because the web designer might decide to change the
message and then I have to change my script again!!!
Isn't there a more effective way of doing this?

Thanks for any help
Tim